Youth Leadership Programs and Women's Program in Montgomery County PA
Free programs and services for those that want to be part of something greater than themselves. If you are interested in services or volunteering, simply contact us.
No Longer Bound DC Programs and Services are curriculum based, diverse, and built around need.
Our vision is to provide an outreach network that will nurture, support, and guide youth, women in need, and the community at large. We are doing this through mentorship, learning, and helping to provide healthcare necessities to those that need it most.
Our Programs and Services
Find a program that works for you, than reach out to us.
Youth Leadership and Mentoring (12 to 18 years)
The youth group will provide group cohesion and support that will produce a safe environment. The group is designed to help develop strategies that will guide them to a path of success. This program is structured to benefit youth perceived to be at risk in areas of their life such as juvenile justice, school, and jobs.
What's this program about?
In this program, youth will engage in a variety of skill-building topics to assist them in healthy decision making giving the tools and ability to respond positively to life’s challenges.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Leading with a positive influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Active listening
- Effective communication and etiquette
- Risk factors (response vs. reaction)
- Social skills
- Healthy decision making
- Interpersonal communication
Here is the current curriculum that you can expect your child to engage in this program.
- Learning about the qualities of a leader
- Understanding my feelings and how it affects my behavior
- Effective listening/communication skills and strategies
- Developing the ability to recognize their own strengths and weaknesses
- The importance of having good manners
- Responding “in the moment”
- Making appropriate choices in an effective manner
- How to resolve internal conflict and make a healthy decision in your direction
We Need Your Help To Make Montgomery County Better
Help us help others. If you have experience in mentoring, fundraising, facilitating groups or just want to support wherever needed. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call us at 267-329-9243
Women’s Mentoring Program
NLBDC Women’s program offers support to individuals in need of reaching their goals. We bring women together to create a safe environment to talk about the everyday challenges and issues that we wrestle with. Our hope is to empower women to develop the necessary tools that will create stability as we build upon acceptance, respect, confidence, and trust through individual mentoring and support groups. Our Mentoring Program focuses on job readiness, financial management, advocacy, goal setting, resilience-building skills, wellness, peer support, resources, and more.
What’s Women’s Program about?
The goal of our women’s program is to help provide a safe and trusted environment for women to engage, network, and gain access to services that they need.
- Are you in need of peer support to talk about your everyday challenges?
- Are you in need of support to assist in developing the necessary goals and tools that will create stability in your life?
- Are you in need of support in working towards acceptance, respect, and trust?
Health and Wellness Education
We partner with organizations to help educate our community. We provide workshops and health fairs providing health and wellness education resources that promote positive lifestyle changes. We are committed to supporting Montgomery County’s climb towards becoming one of the Nation’s highest-ranking counties in health and access to quality healthcare.